Structural assessments are a key part of what Exceed Engineering does. If you think there might be an issue with your house or business premises, we’re more than happy to take a look. We’ll use our experience to determine the issue, the possible causes and offer you suitable solutions.
There are many areas in Tasmania that have buildings built on highly reactive clay or areas with a landslip hazard risk. Issues associated with the foundations of structures due to this is a common cause of structural issues we see.
Some common issues we’ve faced in the past include :
- Foundation settlement caused by soil conditions, trees to close to footings, poor stormwater management around footings
- Springy or sagging timber floors
- Cracks in plaster walls and ceilings
- Roof water leaks
- Water beneath houses which can lead to mould issues
Some common indicators you can keep an eye out for include :
- Cracking in concrete footings and or brickwork
- Excess movement in floors or walls
- Discolouring of ceilings and walls due to water leaks
- Dampness and mould growing
- Trees should not be planted close to the footings. They should be at least the height of the tree away from all foundations.
- Water runoff should be directed away from all foundations of buildings and be transferred to a Council maintained stormwater system
- Any water leaks should be investigated so that ongoing deterioration of the structure of the building isn’t compromised
- When issue arise the longer you wait to fix them potentially the more costly the rectification will be
The safety of your family, customers and employees is your priority, and it’s ours too. So don’t delay, we’d rather help you fix a simple issue than have you facing major damage and cost.